CANA Deanery for Chaplaincies
The ministry of the ACNA-CANA Deanery of the Armed Forces and Chaplaincy, headed by The Rt. Rev. Derek Jones, is to endorse and support Anglican clergy (Deacons and Priests) for service in the U.S. military, federal and local government, hospital and hospice chaplaincies, and other volunteers serving their various communities. The Deanery also serves as the endorsing agency for the Anglican Church in North America (ACNA).
The Rev. Canon Michael Williams serves as Canon to the Bishop. In this capacity, Canon Williams provides for operational management of the work of the Deanery, to include design, maintenance and administration of the Deanery's processes for the screening, application, education/training and preparation, and pastoral care of all clergy and clergy-in-training who aspire to and who serve as chaplains. Currently there are over 130 such Anglican Priest-Chaplains serving around the world.
*** Please visit the CANA Deanery's web page to learn more at AnglicanChaplains.org. ***
Canon Williams' Coordinator responsibilities include:
- Review and Forward all Pre-Application Screening Interviews
- Coordinate Application Processes
- Develop and Administer Anglicanism Tutorial [18 two-week sessions]
- Mentor new Clergy-Chaplains
- Provide for Briefing of Quarterly Ember Week Reports to the Bishop
- Coordinate Pastoral Care to Chaplains and their Families
- Develop and Manage Chaplain Continuing Education Opportunities
- Coordinate Deanery Business as Chair of Weekly Teleconference Staff Meetings
- Provide for Day to Day Administrationn of the Deanery
- Assist with Deanery Web Page Maintenance: www.AnglicanChaplains.org