Children's Sunday School is from 10:00 - 10:50. During this time your children are well cared for and taught about God and his world.
Our Sunday School hour involves the following:
- Church Year: The church life is based on the church calendar and we would like the children’s ministry to reflect that as well. One way we will incorporate this is having a large, color-coded calendar (according to the season). Each Sunday a child will move a paper cross to the next Sunday on the calendar to give them a tangible view of the church calendar.
- Liturgical Life of the Church: Everything that we do in church points us to a big story. We want to help the children unlock this story. Why is the Nave set up the way it is? Why do we receive communion every week? Why do we bow to the cross? Why do some people make the sign of the cross and some don’t? What do all the things on the altar mean? These questions and so many more, are the sorts of questions that we want to help them understand.
- Book of Common Prayer: The Rector said that saying the prayer book prayers form us and are essential to the development in our faith. We will pick out several prayers from the Prayer Book to memorize and work through. We will focus on each prayer for several weeks. During that time we will explain the meaning and the wording so that they understand what they are praying.
- Memory Work: Throughout the year we will work on 12 different memory things. This includes the Nicene Creed, The Apostles Creed, several scriptures and much more.
- Bible: Each child needs to hear how God created all things, including them. He cares so much that even though we have sinned against Him, He has provided a way to have communion with us. We will walk through the stories and show them the Almighty and Everlasting God that we call Father.